Your visits (mainly routine care). Patients with high risk maternal or fetal conditions will need more frequent office visits and ultrasounds and specialist consultations and follow up.
- Your first visit (first trimester preferably) should include a consult with your provider and risk assessment. This should include a detailed medical history.
Viability and dating ultrasound.
Baseline evaluation of blood pressure and weight (body mass index).
Prenatal blood work.
Genetic counseling and testing.
- First trimester ultrasound between 11 1/2 -14 weeks. This is good for early Fetal evaluation and genetic screening. This should be performed by a provider with special certification for first trimester Fetal ultrasound.
- 16 week visit to review results and routine maternal and fetal evaluation.
- 20 weeks for detailed Fetal ultrasound. This should be performed by a provider with training and expertise in Fetal ultrasound.
Routine office visit for maternal assessment.
- 24 week routine maternal and fetal assessment.
- 28 week visit for routine maternal and fetal assessment. 28 week blood work and gestational diabetes screening.
- 32 week visit for routine assessment and maternal and fetal evaluation.
- 36 week visit for routine assessment and maternal and fetal evaluation.
Group B strep vaginal culture and testing should be done at this time.
- Weekly visits and maternal and fetal assessment weekly from 36 weeks until delivery.